Do you aspire to take a middle leadership role within school?
The Aspirant Leader Development Programme has been designed and facilitated by experienced senior and middle leaders from Hawkley Hall High School
Who is it for?
The Learning to Lead Programme is designed for you if:
- You aspire to take on a middle leadership role in a primary or secondary school.
- You wish to further your knowledge of educational leadership or pursue the National Qualifications for School Leadership in the near future.
- You want to be better prepared to seek and apply for posts internally or externally.
- You enjoy active learning with colleagues.
What will it achieve?
As an aspirant middle leader on this programme you will be provided with the opportunity to learn about:
- Leadership styles & techniques
- The components of great teaching and learning
- Effective self evaluation & quality assurance
- Developing effective teams
- Coaching skills to develop self and others
- Effective application and interview technique at a middle leadership level
What does it involve?
The programme includes eight sessions facilitated by Matt Klinck and other experienced middle leaders. All sessions will be held in our new purpose built Training Suite. Please note days have been varied to minimise impact on T&L in your own school. Activities include:
- Completing an online self-evaluation of your leadership strengths and areas for development.
- Engaging in active learning activities with colleagues.
- Reflecting on leadership theory and case studies.
- Carrying out practical workshops on coaching and effective dialogue with colleagues.