X 6 PLACES REMAINING
Wednesday 11th December 2019 (9.30am – 4pm)
Facilitated by Dr Sam Littlemore
This one day training course is designed to enable participants to develop an awareness of self-harm and suicide in young people, identify triggers and warning signs and provide effective support to students within the school environment and beyond.
The cost is £149 pp including lunch, refreshments and certification.
By the end of the session participants will be able to:
- Describe how to differentiate between different types of self-harming and self-injuring behaviour and identify possible reasons for / functions of these behaviours
- Consider how personal attitudes and anxieties can have an impact on the response provided
- Identify the signs and signals that might suggest an individual is thinking about suicide (including identification of risk factors)
- Explain how to carry out an initial assessment of risk in relation to self-harm, self-injury and suicidal intent (including the need to engage and establish rapport, demonstrate an empathic approach and know how to ask appropriate questions and actively listen)
- Describe how to respond to both self-harm and concerns that an individual may be considering suicide (including knowledge of who to contact, the boundaries of their own role and the roles of other professionals/agencies)
- Identify support systems for themselves when dealing with difficult situations
To reserve your place on this session please complete the booking form and return to email@example.com or call Sam/Sarah on 01942 40 30 50 for further details.