Schools and education settings share with others a duty to safeguard the children in their care. Implementing safer recruitment practises is one way of discharging this safeguarding obligation.
Accredited by The Lucy Faithfull Foundation this one-day course gives school staff recruiters working in primary, secondary and special schools , the information and understanding they need to recruit safely and comply with relevant statutory guidance. It is suitable for all in the education sector who are involved in staff selection.
What will it achieve?
By the end of the training, participants will have:
- Identified key features of staff recruitment that help, deter or prevent the appointment of unsuitable people
- Considered policies and practises that minimise opportunities for abuse or ensure its prompt reporting
- Begun to review their own organisation’s policies and practises with a view to making them safer
- Safer recruitment and the wider context of Safeguarding
- Prevalence of abuse and profile of abusers
- How abusers operate within organisations
- Features of a safer recruitment process
- Planning a safer recruitment process
- Making the right decisions: interview and selection
- Setting acceptable standards of behaviour
- Maintaining an ongoing culture of vigilance
During the day participants will consider the issues through presentations, case examples and group discussions. Participants will also receive a certificate of attendance and course completion.
Delegates will receive learning materials and a certificate, accredited by the Lucy Faithfull Foundation .
Bespoke training package also available at your own site on Request
£185 per delegate, £150 for additional delegates
To make a booking please download the booking form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org